Update Galaxy Y GT-S5360 on 2.3.6 Gingerbread DDLA1 to Root s5360
Guys i have been getting so many queries that what if Galaxy Y users are not using DDLA1 and they still want to root there device i need to come up with the process guide on How to Update Galaxy Y GT-S5360 on 2.3.6 Gingerbread DDLA1 so that they can make it root finally following my famous post of how to Root Galaxy Y GT-S5360 using 2.3.6 Gingerbread. I was bit late but here i am providing you 100% authentic and easy guide to Update Galaxy Y GT-S5360 on 2.3.6 Gingerbread DDLA1.
Prerequisites for Update Galaxy Y GT-S5360 on 2.3.6 Gingerbread DDLA1.
Now first of all you need to take complete backup of your device so that data which is important to you will be kept saved.
- First you need to backup your contacts and SMS with Super Backup App which is available in Google Play.
- Then you need to Backup some important Apps, which you want to keep it and restore after you update onto 2.3.6 gingerbread DDLA1 and for that purpose you have to download App Backup & Restore from Google Play.
Guide to Update Galaxy Y GT-S5360 on 2.3.6 Gingerbread DDLA1
- First you need to download the official Galaxy Y GT-S5360 Rom Package – VIA Samfirmare
- Now Extract all the downloaded files and put it in the same folder on desktop.
- Now Put your Galaxy Y on debugging mode and shut down it.
- Now Run Odin, which you have downloaded which will found with the file you downloaded earlier and placed them in desktop.
- Now select the file in below mentioned sequence in Odin.
In Boot loader select file : “DefaultCalDataWithBoot_S5360DDLA1_REV05.tar.md5″
In PDA select file : “PDA_S5360DDLA1_REV05.tar.md5″
In Phone select file : “MODEM_S5360DDLA1_REV05.tar.md5″
In CSC select file : “GT-S5360-MULTI-CSC-ODDLA1.tar.md5″
- Now hold all three button side by side (Holding Home Button, Volume Down button and Power Button)
- Your phone will be booted into download mode.
- Now windows will install drivers and ID:com section on Odin will turn yellow after installting the drivers.
- Now click the start button and process will begin.
Once process completed, your Galaxy Y will be rebooted and now you can check that your Galaxy Y will be successfully updated on 2.3.6 Gingerbread DDLA1.
Now you can proceed further with the Guide of How to Root Galaxy Y Gt-S5360 with 2.3.6 Gingerbread DDLA1 running inside.