Update Galaxy S2 SGH-i777 with Jelly Bean 4.1.1 (Cyanogen Mod 10)
Guys, i was away but i am back with the real easy Guides, this time for Update Galaxy S2 SGH-i777 with Jelly Bean 4.1.1 powered with Cyanogen Mod 10 which is very much tested and tried by myself. Galaxy S2 SGH-i777 which i used was AT&T SkyRocket Device, which comes with Gorilla Glass, Cortex A9 with 1.2 GHZ Dual Core Processor. It was latest version of i727 little tweak model you can say. Previously Gingerbread was running and most important part was it was never updated on any other rom.
So i decided to update it with Jelly Bean 4.1.1 custom mod or Rom.
Now there are things which need to be done before you Update Galaxy S2 SGH-i777 with Jelly Bean 4.1.1. and they are as follows.
Pr-Requisites to update Galaxy S2 SGH-i777 with Jelly Bean 4.1.1
- First you need to backup your contacts and SMS with Super Backup App which is available in Google Play.
- Then you need to Backup some important Apps, which you want to keep it and restore after you install Jelly Bean 4.1.1 inside Galaxy S2 and for that purpose you have to download App Backup & Restore from Google Play.
- You need to Root Galaxy S2 SGH-i777 SkyRocket AT&T and for that you need to follow the Guide for Galaxy S2 SGH-i777 SkyRocket AT&T on Gingerbread.
Guide to Update Samsung Galaxy S2 SGH-i777 with Jelly Bean 4.1.1 – Cyanogen Mod 10 Built
Now here comes Guide to Update Samsung Galaxy S2 SGH-i777 with Jelly Bean 4.1.1 (cyanogen mod 10)
- Download Jelly Bean 4.1.1 Cyanogen Mod 10 and Jelly Bean Google Apps and put it inside phone internal memory.
- Go to your Apps and find ClockWorkMod Recovery and use the option of booting your Galaxy S2 into Recovery Mode.
- In case you do not find it. Just Shut Down your Galaxy S2 SGH-i777.
- Pull out the Battery from the Galaxy S2.
- And put it again and do not start it.
- Now press Volume Up and Volume Down Button along with Power Button until boot screen come and when Boot screen appears, release the power button and your Galaxy S2 SGH-i777 will boot into recovery mode.
- Now select “Wipe data / Factory Restore” and wipe it.
- Now select “Wipe Cache Partition” and wipe it.
- Now go into Advance and Select “Wipe Dalvik Cache” and Wipe it.
- Now select the option of Choose Zip from SD Card and after finding the Downloaded Jelly Bean 4.1.1 Cyanogen Mod 10 on the internal memory, choose that file to install and confirm the option.
- Now when installation is completed, reboot and you will notice Cyanogen Mod 10 – Jelly Bean will be install successfully.
- Now once you boot it, you need to out your device in recovery mode again to install the Google Apps via Recovery Mode.
- Now just reboot it into recovery either via CWM Recovery or manually which i described in above step 6.
- And now this time select the option of Choose Zip from Sd Card and find the Google App which you download in first step and install it and reboot.
- This time you will notice that Google Apps will be install in boot and you are done. thank….
Pleas note that i have done and it is tested and do tell us if you find any kind of problem while going through the process guide.