Jailbreak / Root HTC Explorer (Pico) for Update to ICS 4.0.4
I have tried several smartphones but HTC are little tricky to handle but finally i got hold on HTC where i Unlock Bootloader / Jailbreak / Root HTC Explorer Pico and updated it on ICS 4.0.4 success fully. There are no much on the internal and on blogs about how to Unlock Bootloader , Root and installing Clock work Mod Recovery manually. Every second blog usually copy paste without authenticating the process even they do not bother to check the download links. but i kept every thing on priority so that user would not feel bad about what ever i write and describe. Few more HTC smartphone are there which are inline but today i will go with guide of Root HTC Explorer Pico and ICS 4.0.4 Installation guide.
Prerequisites of Unlocking of Bootloader / Root HTC Explorer and Installation guide.
Now first of all you need to take complete backup of your device so that data which is important to you will be kept saved.
- First you need to backup your contacts and SMS with Super Backup App which is available in Google Play.
- Then you need to Backup some important Apps, which you want to keep it and restore after you unlock Bootloader, Root and install ICS 4.0.4 or Jelly Bean 4.1.1 inside HTC Explorer and for that purpose you have to download App Backup & Restore from Google Play.
Once you have taken the backup, you are good to proceed further with the Unlocking of Bootloader.
Now the most important part if the to Unlock Bootloader because without unlocking the Bootloader, you cannot proceed further with the Root, or Installing custom ROMS.
Now here comes Unlock Bootloader of HTC Explorer Pico
- You can follow the HTC Dev Site (which is little difficult to follow if you are newbie) but you need to follow it very care fully because without Unlocking Bootloader you cannot proceed further.
- Download HTC Sync from here
- You must have at least 50% battery to be on safer side.
- Once you unlock Bootloader you now proceed further with the Manual Push of Custom Recovery into HTC Explorer
Process of Manual Push of Custom Recovery to Root HTC Explorer
- First you need to download two files, 1. Custom Recovery (zip file and you have to extract it after downloading) and the Superuser File (Zip, do not extract it after downloading).
- After Downloading put both the files on desktop and only extract Custom Recovery File, A31oE_Recovery.zip and do not extract the other SuperUser zip file.
- Now enable the debugging mode on your device.
- Connect your device with PC via USB Cable and enable Mass Storage.
- Copy the SuperUser.zip inside Sd card.
- Now disconnect and shutdown the HTC Explorer.
- Now hold “Volume Download and Power Button” side by side for five second and you will see HTC Explorer will go into Bootloader.
- Now select the option of Fastboot and connect your HTC Explorer Pico with PC with Usb Cable.
- Now go into Extracted folder of “A31oE_Recovery” and run the “Recovery.bat” file.
- Command Prompt and will push Custom Recovery Inside HTC Explorer.
- Now reboot your HTC Explorer and shutdown it again after 20 seconds.
- now again pull out the battery and put it back.
- Now again hold “Volume Down and Power button” side by side for 4 seconds and go into Recovery Mode.
- Now select option of Install from SD Card and choose the SuperUser.zip file from the Sd Card and confirm the installation.
- Once proceeded you are done the reboot and enjoy Rooted HTC Explorer Pico. And now you are good to go and install any custom ROM but Cyanogen mods are more recommended from our side.
Now After the Guide on Root HTC Explorer Pcio, you can proceed further with HTC Explorer Pico Update ICS 4.0.4 Guide