Update Galaxy S GT-i9000 with Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean – Custom Rom
Guys good news for the Samsung Galaxy S GT-i9000 users, we are now covering post on How to Update Galaxy S GT-i9000 with Jelly Bean 4.1.1 Android ROM (custom) which will provide best UI and best battery standby and as it is test by us, we recommend you all. If you want to get rid of old ROM old UI of Gingerbread and ICS, this Jelly Bean 4.1.1 works better than any of the older ROMS around. After you Update Galaxy S GT-i9000 with Jelly Bean 4.1.1 firmware you will never go back to Gingerbread because of its performance.Here are some prerequisites before you mode toward Process guide on how to Update Galaxy S GT-i9000 with Jelly Bean 4.1.1:
- First you need to have total backup of your Data:
- Download App backup and restore and create backup of your installed Apps
- Download SMS backup and Restore and create backup for your SMS record
- Go to your Phone Book and Create backup for your contact List.
- With App backup and Restore, do make Flash Player backup, so that after update of Jelly Bean you would be able to install Flash Player again inside Jelly Bean 4.1.1.
- Do the Horizontal Calibration so that when you update onto Jelly Bean, you will not face bugs while rotating the screen clockwise and anti-clock wise.
- Connect your device with PC via USB and Copy all the data, including download folder, pictures, DCIM folder, backup folder, sms backup and restore folder, Media, Music, Whatsapp folder. And make a copy on your PC (so that once you install the update you can copy paste it back on your sdcard).
Now you need to get your Galaxy S GT-i9000 Root, so that you would able to install the Custom ROM of Jelly Bean via ClockWorkMod.
For that you have to follow the post of:
Guide to update Galaxy S GT-i9000 with Jelly Bean 4.1.1 Custom Rom
Now here comes the process guide to install / update Galaxy S GT-i9000 with Jelly Bean 4.1.1:
- First you need to download the JellyBean 4.1.1 Custom Rom from XDA forum.
- Copy the Downloaded Jelly Bean 4.1.1 into your Galaxy S Gt-i9000 any where you like, recommended to be pasted in root.
- Now go to CWM App and select the first option to put your device into Recovery Mode or you can manually put your Galaxy S GT-i9000 into Recovery Mode (shutdown your Galaxy S, pull out and put the battery back inside and Press Volume Up + Home Button + Power together, your device will be in recovery mode.
- Now select the option of “Wipe Data / Factory Reset” and wipe it.
- Select “Wipe Cache Partition” and wipe it.
- Now go to “Advance” and select “Wipe Dalvik” option and wipe it.
- Now select the option “install zip file from sd card” and then select choose file from sd card, find the downloaded jelly bean 4.1.1 from the list and install it.
- Now update process will start and after installing recovery and data, you will get Jelly Bean 4.1.1 boot logo.
- First time it will take 3 to 5 minutes to boot and once done, you will have start up setting which mean you are DONE.
Please note that , after completion of process you will have Install the App backup and Restore to restore all the apps specially Flash Player so that it will be ported / installed right from start.
and also note that this particular Custom Rom is picked from XDA Forum. Check their official forum for latest updates, from where i picked Beta 7a version.
Here are the Screen shots of the Jelly bean 4.1.1 ported in Galaxy S Gt-i9000: