Galaxy Tab 10.1 GT-P7500 JPKL2 / XXLQ8 update with Official ICS 4.0.4
Well World is currently waiting for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 GT-P7500 JPKL2 (previous) P7500 XXLQ8 (latest) to get update it on ICS 4.0.4 Android but so far only Europe Region got the update. But since we have tried to port same Europe Build Firmware for our region we have to share it to the world so that others would get what we have got. There is no point of holding it back. As per XDA Forum, this Europe build was released only for Galaxy Tab 10.1 GT-P7500 XXLQ8 but we have tried and successfully updated Galaxy Tab 10.1 GT-P7500 build JPKL2 which was running 3.2 honeycomb which is the Pakistan, Afghanistan and Arab Emirates Region.
So guys here is the Procedural Guide to Update Galaxy Tab 10.1 GT-P7500 with ICS 4.0.4 Official ROM:
First you need to have total backup of your Data
- Download App backup and restore and create backup of your installed Apps
- Download SMS backup and Restore and create backup for your SMS record
- Go to your Phone Book and Create backup for your contact List. and if you have rooted your device you can use Super backup & Restore App as well.
- Connect your device with PC via USB and Copy all the data, including following folders.
Download folder Pictures, DCIM folder, backup folder, sms backup and restore folder, Media, Music, Whatsapp folder, Super backup & Restore folder and make a copy on your PC (so that once you install the update you can copy paste it back on ur sdcard to retrieve the backup and restore all.
Process Guide to Update Galaxy Tab 10.1 GT-P7500 with ICS 4.0.4 Official
- First download firmware (ICS 4.0.4 –Official Firmware P7500XXLQ8 ) , Extract the File and bring them to ur desktop.
- Download Odin or (mirror Download Link fro Odin) extract it and bring it to your desktop then Run the Odin.
- Now you have to put your device into debugging Mode. (got to setting > development > Debugging USB, select it to turn it on.
- And now shutdown it completely .
- After that Hold the Volume Down + Power power together till u see screen asking whether to go in download mode or recovery mode.
- Go into Download Mode.
- Now connect your Galaxy Tab with PC with USB cable… you will notice that PC will start installing / downloading the drivers for your Galaxy TAB let the process completes. And when procedure successfully completed you will see left corner in the “Odin” turned YELLOW. That means you have installed the drivers successfully.
- Now click on PDA and select the file with u download in step one (1).
- Check only two options, AUTO REBOOT and F. RESET TIME and left other two un-checked.
- Now click the button START to initiate the process.
- Now when process is complete your device will reboot and you see the TAB boot logo..disconnect and enjoy the ICS 4.0.4 ride…. ICS will update some services in your Galaxy Tab 10.1 GT-P7500 and finally you will get ICS 4.0.4 UI running.
- Do not disconnect USB cable while the process is in progress, If process fails anywhere you need to reboot your device into downloading mode and have to go through again from STEP 6.
Here is the list of the Compatible Builds so far which we have tested:
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 GT-P7500
- Build: P7500JPKL2, P7500XXLQ8 (Both Tested)
Previously We test Rooting of Galaxy Y GT-S5360 on following Firmware Do check them if you have Galaxy Y in your use