Takes on Nokia 808 PureView – As Camera Specs Round up
World would be eying on the Nokia 808 PureView with some other perspective but i take it purely a camera typo gadget, which is more like trend setter same like old Sony Ericsson k750 Cyber Shot which revolutionize the entire Cellphone Industry. Right before the launch of Sony Ericsson, Mobile phone or Cellphone people take the cellphone as normal cellular phone, which can pick some pictures,send some sms, can use little bits for the email communication but Sony Ericsson folded and unleashed totally a new world for the cellphone users.
Same thing is now expected with Nokia 808 PureView, which is some how can be seen if you check the camera specs. Nokia 808 PureView is coming out with real big sensor, which cannot be used before in any cellphone.
Lets check the features because without checking the specifications, one can judge the situation easily.
Feature and Specifications of Nokia 808 PureView:
Still imaging camera (we will see only Camera Specs)
- 41 megapixel camera sensor with Nokia PureView imaging technology and Carl Zeiss optics
- Fullscreen 16:9 viewfinder with easy on-screen touch controls
- Xenon flash with operating range up to 3.5m depending on conditions
- LED for video recording
- Lossless zoom: 3x for stills
- Focal length: 8.02 mm (35 mm equivalent focal length -26 mm, 16:9 / 28 mm, 4:3)
- Auto focus and touch to focus
- Focus modes: Hyperfocal, Macro, Infinity and Auto
- Focus range: 15 cm ~ infinity
- Macro focus 15-50 cm
- F number/aperture: F2.4
- Supported aspect ratios and resolutions True 16:9 (2 MP, 5 MP [Default], 8 MP, 34 MP) 4:3 (3 MP, 5 MP, 8 MP, 38 MP)
- Three shooting modes: Auto, Scenes, Creative
- Face detection software
- Launch camera from lock with full press of capture key Video camera
- 41 MP sensor with PureView imaging technology and Carl Zeiss optics
- Video resolutions: Full HD (1920×1080) 30fps [Default], HD (1280×720) 30fps, nHD (640×360) 30fps
- Lossless Zoom: 4x1080p [Default], 6x 720p, 12x360p
- Frame rates supported: 15, 24, 25, 30fps
- Stereo High Amplitude Audio Capture (HAAC)
- Three shooting modes: Auto, Scenes, Creative
- Integrated video editor for trimming video
Sensor Detail of Nokia 808 PureView
- Carl Zeiss Optics Lense
- Focal Length : 8.02 mm
- 35mm equivalent Focal Length 26mm – 16:9, 28mm – 4:3
- f Number: f/2.4
- Focus Range: 15cm – infinity (throughout the zoom range)
- Construction: 5 element – 1 group All lens surface are aspherical
- Construction: One high – Index , low dispersion glass mold lens
- Construction: Mechanical shutter with neutral density filter
- Optical Format: 1/1.2″
- Total Pixel in numbers: 7728 X 5368
- Pixel Size: 1.4 microns
Now Here some useless diagrams which shows, how much affective Nokia 808 PureView Sensor and Camera in if it compare at distance on shot, if zoom up to 4X is taken into account.
I have been using the cyber shot sensor cellphone since last 10 years and always told the other please try to take picture without zooming in, because if you zoom, the quality of the picture will suffer and same has been shown in the above picture that if you go into zoom and take picture the quality will move from 8 to 3 mp quality reduction.
Now take a look at Sensor Size and dimensional picture, which provide you clear picture, which kind of structure Nokia team has ported inside Nokia 808 PureView.
Guys, we have to look critically into the camera specs because, the claim which Nokia is holding with the Nokia 808 PureView. Size of sensor which is described in the above mentioned picture is very interesting and giving you detail information, which real photographers can look into and debate. Picture size and detail is totally depend upon the size of the sensor and the size which is coming out from the Nokia 808 PureView is highly appreciable.
And the for the spot and picture and spontaneous and rapid clicks Nokia 808 PureView is the real demon, can beat other digital cameras which are having high end price range. Even Sony Cyber Shot digital Cameras are priced around 40k easily yet having no calling feature. Nokia 808 PureView can easily beat them. Because with the price of Camera, you are also getting the calling feature of Cellphone.
So my bet is to get hands on it, if you want to take pictures in real good quality and if you are rapid shot lover and Nokia 808 PureView is the real cellphone to get.
Here Few Official Nokia 808 PureView Videos which describe the Quality of the Camera and Sensor inside Nokia 808 PureView very nicely.
Nokia 808 PureView
Nokia 808 PureView described by Dennis Manarchy – Famous Photographer
Zoom Descriptive Video
Video Quality Descriptive Video
Here are the pictures of Nokia 808 PureView.