Jailbreak / Root Galaxy S GT-I9000 2.3.5 Android for ICS 4.0 / Jelly Bean 4.1 Update Ready
People are crazy and they are running after Jelly bean and ICS specially those who are on GingerBread because they want to install and port ICS and Jelly Bean but it is very important that your smartphone should be jailbreak / Root. Because to port / install or update firmware of android from gingerbread to ICS or Jelly Bean, you have to Root Galaxy S Gt-i9000. i have already provided you full Root procedure of Galaxy Y GT-S5360 on Gingerbread and this time i will be going to root Galaxy S GT-i9000 to get it ready for Android ICS 4.0.x and Jelly Bean 4.1 porting or installation.
The Procedure which i will tell you will be very very easy. unlike others who like to twist a bit so that user may stick with them. So now let come to limitations and some point which every one should do.
If you have Froyo 2.2 inside your Galaxy S Gt-i9000 you have to follow the below link to Root Galaxy S Gt-i9000 with Z4Root App.
Prior to Root process:
- First you need to backup all your date, including Address book, Sms and other important notes.
- And then reset to default setting / factory restore.
- and then enable Debug Mode. go to apps> settings > applications > development > …. Check the “USB Debugging mode”.
- this is only for 2.3.5 I9000XXJVS Galaxy S as shown in below mentioned screen shot.
Easiest Guide to Root Galaxy S i9000 Gt-i9000 : To get it Ready for ICS or Jelly Bean 4.1 update
2. Now move both downloaded file to Desktop.
3. Extract both of them.
4. Turn off your Galaxy S i9000.
5. Now enter into Downloading Mode : Press Volume Down along with Home Button and Power button and do not release unless you see downloading screen on your Galaxy S i9000
6. Now Start the “Odin” and connect your Galaxy S i9000 with USB Cable and first two ID Com will turn yellow after drivers are loaded from internet.
7. When drivers loaded a message will appear in Message ADDED!!
8. Now keep uncheck “Re-partition” option and rest will remain same as below mentioned above screen shot.
9. Now select the the file which is extract in Root file in PDA just like below mentioned screen.
9. now hit the Start button and you will be notified in dialog once the process is done and your Galaxy S i9000 will be reboot and you are done….
10. check the below mentioned screen shot where Super User, ClockworkMod, and Tweak apps will appear in Apps.
Guys now you are done and you can port any of the desired custom rom in it….. cheers !!!