Downgrade Galaxy Y GT-S5360 from Android 2.3.6 to 2.3.5 version
Downgrade Galaxy Y GT-S5360 from 2.3.6 to 2.3.5 was always on cards. Because, i have being into Root S5360 and Jailbreaking Android phones and iPhone as well but i do get questions where people still are not able to get the Android device Root easily. Even if they follow the guide of How to Root Galaxy Y GT-S5360 on 2.3.5 and Root Galaxy Y GT-S5360 having Android 2.3.6 they get confuse and misses one specific point.
Then at the end they end up bricking their Android phone. So here is the Solution, where they can downgrade and via Odin they can re-install the Android 2.3.5 or 2.3.6. For me the better option is Android Gingerbread 2.3.5 to use which provide better battery standby as compared to 2.3.6 android Gingerbread.
So here it the steps which will help you to downgrade your Galaxy Y GT-S5360 from 2.3.6 to 2.3.5 Gingerbread Android firmware.
- First you need to download 2.3.5 Gingerbread or Alternate Download Link for Complete Package.
- Extract the File and Run the Odin.
- Now place all the files which are mentioned here under in the Odin.
- Now Shut down the Galaxy Y GT-S5360. and put it in downloading mode.
- Now after putting it in Downloading mode, connect the Galaxy Y with the PC.
- PC will take some time to install the drivers once done. Odin will have Yellow status in the upper left side. and select the file as per below mentioned Odin picture.
PIT – totoro_0623.pit
PDA – PDA_S5360XXKI6_REV05.tar.md5
Phone – MODEM_S5360XXKI6_REV05.tar.md5
CSC – GT-S5360-MULTI-CSC-OXXKI6.tar.md5
- And now click the Start button. and wait for your Galaxy Y GT-S5360 to reboot.
Once it is rebooted, you can again Follow the Galaxy Y GT- S5360 Root on 2.3.5 gingerbread Android guide. Thanks.