Update IOS 5.1 but No Ultrasnow No Redsn0w available for IOS 5.1
We all knows that the race fro getting iOS 5.1 will be on and is already on. But those who are into Jailbreak and Unlock iOS 5 and want to Unlock iOS 5.1 should stay away from iOS 5.1 because so far, there is no Ultrasn0w available for iOS 5.1 and there is neither Sn0wbreeze for iOS 5.1 nor a redsn0w available for iOS 5.1 right.
now all eyes will be on Dev Team members and developers which will be busy in making latest redsn0w, sn0wbreeze and Ultrasn0w for iOS 5.1 but so far no good news has been heard form their side. So guys if you have iOS 5 please stay on it and specially if you are into Jailbreak world, you should stick with the iOS 5 or any other older firmware and stay in touch we will bring more to you for sure in upcoming days.
But if you are not a Jailbreak user and not into Unlocking you can Update your iOS to iOS 5.1:
Here is the change log of iOS 5.1:
This update contains improvements and bug fixes, including:
- Japanese language support for Siri (availability may be limited during initial rollout)
- Photos can now be deleted from Photo Stream
- Camera shortcut now always visible on lock screen or iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS and iPod touch (4th generation)
- Camera face detection now highlights all detected faces
- Redesigned Camera app for iPad
- Genius Mixes and Genius playlists for iTunes Match subscribers
- Audio for TV shows and movies on iPad optimized to sound louder and clearer
- Podcast controls for playback speed and a 30 second rewind for iPad
- Updated AT&T network indicator
- Addresses bugs affecting battery life
- Fixes an issue that occasionally caused audio to drop for outgoing calls
There are two methods, one you can automatically update it via using Wifi just go via your device and check for updates and you will prompt by iOS 5.1. Second is direct download and the download links are as follows:
- For iPhone 4S
- For iPhone 4 (GSM)
- For iPhone 4 (CDMA)
- For iPhone 3GS
- For iPad 3 WiFi
- For iPad 3 GSM
- For iPad 3 CDMA
- For iPad 2 WiFi
- For iPad 2 GSM
- For iPad 2 CDMA
- For iPad
- For iPod touch 3G
- For iPod touch 4G
- For Apple TV 2G (5.0)
- For Apple TV 3G (5.0)
Here is the Warning of Dev team on there Blog:
In all likelihood we’ll see the GM “gold master” version of 5.1 this week. DO NOT UPDATE TO 5.1, because you may lose your jailbreak! The rest of this post details the subtleties with this rule, but if there’s only one message to take home, it’s the overall “do not update” message! Now for the nitty gritty exceptions:
* Soon after 5.1 appears on Apple’s public servers (i.e. iTunes starts to offer it), Apple will stop signing 5.0.1 SHSH blobs.
* If you have an iPhone4S, the basic rule above is really the only rule: you cannot restore back to 5.0.1 once the 5.0.1 signing window is closed, no matter what (even if you saved your SHSH blobs).
* If you have an iPad2 with saved 4.x hashes, you can in fact downgrade to that 4.x but you won’t be able to get to 5.0.1 once the 5.0.1 signing window is closed (even if you saved your 5.0.1 SHSH blobs).
* If you have a device earlier than the iPad2, you can downgrade to whatever version you want, as long as you have saved SHSH blobs for that version. You’ll need the assistance of geohot’s limera1n exploit with tools like redsn0w to get into “pwned DFU mode” and bypass the downgrade restriction.