How to Role back from Metro UI Start Menu to Classic Windows Start Menu
This Post reminds me the time, when i got my hands on Windows 7 RC and RTM for the first time, and boy i was damn crazy about Windows 7, now same case is here where Windows 8 is launched, in Developers Preview so far and you can download windows 8 as it simple rocks because having so much roam for customization. Windows 7 which i use is also Customized working on better speed and having bigger cache then the default. Sometimes when i have to use bigger designer programs, like Photoshop or Corel or other 3D animation program, i usually push windows 7 toward classic view because in the classic style, it takes less resources.
In the classic style, Windows 7 work better and perform at best using lesser cache, and resources. That is the point what i like most about Windows 7 and it simply having edge on Vista. Now it is time for Windows 8 to roll in and i bet millions like me will be molding and customizing the Windows 8 according to their need.
Here is a simple tweak, where you will have a glimpse that Windows 8 also has a roam for manual customization, where Windows 8 Metro UI Start Menu can be roll back to Classic Start Menu. If you know how to work with the registry of the Windows 8, you will find it very handy and easy when you opt for this particular tweak.
Well here is the easy guide through which you can simply go back to classic Start Menu on Windows 8.
Guide to Roll Back From Metro UI Start Menu to Classic Aero Styled Start Menu
- First click on Start Menu.
- Write “regedit” in the Search Menu just above Start Menu. and hit the “Enter” button.
- A new windows will be opened now navigate to following URL.
- ” HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer “
- Now you have make changes in the RPEnabled. “Please make sure you have complete backup or restore point created, so that in case of any malfunctioning, you would be able to roll back to the last best configured optimum setting via Restore Point.”
- Now change RPEnabled value from “1″ to “o”. Log off and then logon , you will see the Aero styles Start Menu Button.
- However if you want to go back to Metro UI Start Menu, you can change the value of RPEnabled to back from “0″ to “1″.
i hope you will like the tweaking….
In case of any malfunction, do let us know, we would be hoping to help you out in the customization for sure.
Here is the Screen Shot….