Jailbreak iPhone IOS 4.2.1 / 4.1.3 via RedsnOw 0.9.6b5 to Update iPhone 3G/3GS on baseband 06.15.00
Dev Team has done it again. On their official Dev blog, they have announced that Jailbreak and Unlock iPhone IOS 4.2.1 is now possible. You can simply Jailbreak and Unlock iPhone IOS 4.2.1 while updating the Baseband to 06.15.00 because previous basebands are not unlockable. So guys simple answer is that, if you update the baseband of your iPhone 3GS or iPhone #G, to 06.15.00, you can Unlock iPhone IOS 4.2.1 and iPhone IOS 4.1.3 via Ultrasnow and Jailbreak via Redsnow 0.9.6b5.
Now first of all lets move forward with the Jailbreak process, which is very very simple.
First of all some limitations are there to be discussed and they are:
WARNING — YOU DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK! PLEASE UNDERSTAND THE CONSEQUENCES OF UPDATING TO 06.15.
- There is no way to come back down from 06.15, and there’s no hiding the baseband version from Apple. You’ll be voiding your warranty in a very obvious way.
- If some future baseband comes out with a critical fix, you won’t be able to update to it if it remains down in the 05.xx sequence (then again, you wouldn’t update to it if you wanted to keep your unlock anyway).
- Starting with FW 4.2.1 if you have 06.15 on your iPhone you won’t ever be able to restore to stock firmware (it will fail). You’ll need to only restore to custom IPSWs (then again, if you’re unlocker you should already be doing that).
Certainly don’t update to 06.15 if you don’t need to! Only do this if you need the unlock and you’re stuck on 05.14 or 05.15, and you’re willing to assume the above risks.
So guys do not rush onto it, if you do not need the unlocker.
Here is the process of Jailbreak later on you will be moving toward the Unlock. in our next up coming post.
1. first of all Download iPhone IOS 4.2.1 .
2. Restore / update iPhone IOS 4.2.1 via iTune.
4. Browse the stock iPhone IOS 4.2.1 which you downloaded earlier and proceed further.
5. now select “Install Cydia” and “Install iPad Baseband”, and process will fetch the 06.15.00 and it will replace the older baseband of iPhone IOS 4.2.1.
6. Now process will ask you to switch off your device and make sure you turn it off and plug it in to the system and then click “Next”.
7. The process will ask you to put your device on DFU Mode (when ever you connect your turned off device press the “power” button along with the Home button on keyboard and after few seconds, only release the power button and keep on holding Home button on keyboard) now setup will proceed further and rest of the things will be done by Redsnow 0.9.6b5 and your device will be unlockable. Proceed with post of Unlock iPhone IOS 4.2.1 with Ultrasnow 1.2
8. if you have the Latest Baseband or already on latest baseband, run Redsnow 0.9.6b5 and select the option “Just Boot Tethered Right Now”. and proceed further, your device will be Jailbroken and you can also unlock it via using Ultrasnow.